It’s finally here – the annual weekend officially ushering in the summer months, and I. am. pumped. Summer is clearly the superior season, and since around Labor Day of last year, I’ve been waiting for this moment. I’m headed back to the beach this weekend, but I’ve put together a collection of pieces that I think will fit perfectly into pretty much any celebration this weekend, be it a backyard barbecue or trip to the coast. WELCOME, SUMMER!!
1. Free People Thrifty Eyes dress – I think this dress will work just as well with a slip under it and a pair of wedges for a summer soiree as it would as a coverup to throw over a bikini after returning from the surf.
2. Bamboula Ltd. Little Market bag – This cross-body bag just screams summer to me with its bright colors and woven material. Bonus: These bags are imported from rural Kenya using fair-trade practices that directly benefit the artisans that make them.
3. Madewell Linerunner tee – I love the lightness of this striped tee, and plan to be in something like this pretty much all summer long.
4. Topshop stripe shorts – These high-waisted beauties are sure to make it into the summer rotation with their updated silhouette and – yes –stripes. I am a sucker.
5. Topshop Aztec triangle bikini – If your summers are anything like mine, you spend a lot of time escaping the heat in various bodies of water and a collection of swimwear is crucial. I love the tribal vibe of this bikini.
6. Westward Leaning Sleeping Beauty sunglasses – I’ve been lusting after a pair of these sunnies ever since I saw them on Kate Bosworth a few months back. Each of Westward Leaning’s designs features a different material at the temple, but every pair – and they’re all unisex – are the same shape and design.
7. Loeffler Randall Valentine wedges – Loeffler Randall can do pretty much no wrong in my book, and these babies are certainly no exception to that rule. Love the added comfort of wedges, but I was pretty much sold at the pop of neon.
8. Wildfox To the Sea sweatshirt – Early in the summer around here, evenings can actually be slightly cool, and this sweatshirt would serve well as something to throw on after the sun goes down by the sea (or the backyard pool, whatever).